Friday, July 18, 2008

Our Names


You may be wondering..."Why on earth are they called Shazam and the Squirrel?".

Well, here is a brief history:

My friend Kristen (to the right you will see the most flattering picture I could find of the two of us) used to call me "Shizzay". Again, you ask, "Why?". Well, that's just because we're awesome. When I got Shazam, he answered to 'Shizzay' right away, so I thought I ought to just call him that! Nobody thought it was very nice of me to call a boy dog Shizzay, so his name got changed to Shazam. Shazam is orginally a wizard, whose name Billy Batson speaks to become Captain Marvel. Pretty nifty, huh? And yes, its Shaq's character too. Shazam is an acronym for Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Archilles, and Mercury - those whose powers he possesses. Also, its just fun to say.
As for "The Squirrel" - well, one reason is my chubby cheeks. Meep. But the main reason is my ability to consume massive amounts of food and still remain (relatively) fit. It all started with the night I managed to eat three pieces of Unique Pizza's extra large pizza, and not be full. Feats of eating led to being compared to Tareku Kobayashi, and because of how I look while eating - between the chubby cheeks and odd possessive way I hold my food, a Squirrel.
So if you were wondering why such odd names-and, even if you weren't-now you know.

2 Comments:

Anne said...

You guys are pretty awesome. I never knew about the Shazam name, very interesting. Hey I went to MATC too, not for culinary but I can tell you, that was a great school. :-)

silvieon4 said...

Invitation to Shazam. Even though you are Not a bichon, I would love your pic on my guest album. silvieon4

PS... NOT squirrell!!! Squirrel is public enemy no.1~~~

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online